10/25/2005

Plame preparedness

I am geting my earplugs out. I am putting on my hip waders. Later this week Patrick Fitzgerald will release his findings. I think he will indict. The Republicans will howl. They already are. The Republicans will make the streets slick with spin. I expect to see Ken Melhman's mealy mouth working double time to further embed himself under the skin of the string-pullers. They should call him the human tick.

If indictments are released, I refuse to call that day "fitzmas." I know the meaning is supposed to be happy for liberals. Yet the outing of a CIA officer never has made me happy. The fact that our elected leaders are ultra corrupt never has been cause for joy. I am grateful for Mr. Fitgerald's efforts for sure. But it's like he is showing us an xray of the executive branch and saying, "See how the cancer has spread?"

6 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger North Star Politics said...

It's not a celebration of Plame's revealing, of course. It's a celebration that in this great nation of ours, justice will be served even to those who, in other places, might be above the law. High administration officials will be revealed as bad people, law-breakers. I'll be celebrating, and I know others will be too.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the Republican rift over the Miers nomination will lead the base to tell the White House to "get stuffed" instead of defending them against the indictments? Are they angry enough to not give a rip? I wonder...

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Chuck Olsen said...

I think calling it "Fitzmas" is pretty ridiculous, too. I love your x-ray/cancer metaphor - that's spot-on.

What remains shocking is ignorance of the cancer, indeed the cancer cheerleaders.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger truthsurfer said...

I don't care what it's called as long as it hands down indictments. I believe that the initial investigation has been widen (earlier this year) to include the 'forged' paperwork that was used by the Bu$hCo to lead us to war.

The forgery of documents on African uranium brings with it the possibility of cover-ups, perjury and obstruction of justice by witnesses. Experience with scandals show that the cover-up can be more legally and politically dangerous than the crime.

Let's face it, there can be few more serious charges against a government than going to war on false pretences, or having deliberately inflated, suppressed, manlipulated, or forged the evidence that justified the war.

Call it what you will...it's treason.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jeff Huber said...

T&J,

What you said.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh -

What a non-event. Suddenly this guy no one ever heard of is the secret Rove of Rove or something.

The Ap overstated it best when they said, "Though Libby has worked in relative obscurity, he is one of the administration's influential advisers because of his proximity to Cheney, one of the most powerful vice presidents in history."

Wow. What a stretch.

What they failed to mention is no one was charged with outing Plame. How is that not the key issue!

Sure, hindering the investigation is not good, and ol' Scooter's gonna hang, and that's all good.

But after all this time it comes around that no one outed Plame.
Its a non-story.

Talk about anti-climatic.

-Censored.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home