10/02/2005

I am more than my bank account

Every campaign manager for every Democratic candidate, no matter how large or small should read this: I Am More Than A Bank Account by Devilstower on Daily Kos.

Like everyone else who's ever given money to a candidate or signed up for a mailing list, I am constantly bombarded with requests for money. I give when I can, or when I care. But it is frustrating. And as Devilstower writes, volunteer utilization by political campaigns is laughably ineffective.

That said, I understand the flip side, too. Volunteers are often unreliable and it's hard to trust them with lots of responsibility. The easiest thing to do is to put them on voter contact, which is boring but needs to be done.

But without that trust, people get burned out. Clearly there are some volunteers who have skills that would make them better suited to other duties.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home