4/23/2006

Go with the Flow

Famously eco-friendly company Seventh Generation will send a pack of their tampons or pads to a women's shelter in your state for every virtual donation made at their website, TamPontification. The "donation" is completely *free* and only takes a couple clicks of the mouse. Since menstrual products can cost women an estimated $40-$70 annually (by my rough calculations), this campaign could help out a lot of poor women who don't have that kind of cash to spare each month. [Thanks to the Women's Press for publicizing it.]

4 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger North Star Politics said...

Sounds like a good cause, but that pun is a real groaner.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are they notorious?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Sarah D. said...

Pardon my ignorance of adverbial nuance. Word choice has been adjusted.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mark D. said...

I believe Duran Duran put it best when they said,

"No.. no.. notorious!
No.. no.. notorious!

I.. can’t read about it, burns the skin from your eyes,
I’ll do fine without it, here’s one you don’t compromise.
Lies come hard to disguise
Let me to fight it out, not wild about it
Lay your seedy judgements, who says they’re part of our lives?

You own the money, you control the witness,
I hear you’re lonely - don’t monkey with my business
You pay the profits to justify the reasons
I heard your promise but I don’t believe it -
That’s why I’ll do it again

No.. no.. notorious.

Girls will keep the secrets, so long as boys make the noise,
Fools run rings to break up, something they’ll never destroy.
Grand notorious slam, (bam!) and who really gives a damn -
For a flaky bandit?
Don’t ask me to bleed about it, I need this blood to survive.

No.. no.. notorious
Notorious!
Notorious!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home