3/30/2005

Al Franken's Moving back to Minnesota

There's a small piece on "Left of the dial radio" over at Startribune.com, and in it lies a little gem:

Franken, who has said he plans a U.S. Senate run from Minnesota, confirmed Tuesday that he'd purchased a house in Minneapolis and plans to start broadcasting his show from the Twin Cities as early as January.



I guess I was kind of hoping that he'd move back to his hometown, St. Louis Park and hang out with me and watch bad karaoke and drink Summit at Park Tavern. Damn. Any chance the Cohen brothers might move back?

4 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Who would want to hang out at the Tavern? Their bowling lanes are all warped.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they smoke free? You might be healthier in Nannyapolis.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger ryan said...

That was my fleeting attempt at humor, though Park Tavern does have a few good microbrews on tap (though their menu calls Summit an "import"). That and I live less than two miles from the place.

Decaf, you're beating a dead horse. Regardless, today Park Tavern is a smoke-free bar.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Al at a book signing in Portland, OR. My fam and I are moving to St Paul this winter from sunny California. Can anybody clue us in to the best brewpubs...best kept secrets?

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home