1/11/2007

Anything is better than nothing

Maybe I'll lose by raging liberal ID card, but I don't think the new Bush plan is worse than the current, failing non-plan plan. I would prefer we get out of there but anything is better than staying the course. I heard Dr. Rice this morning in NPR and I think what they are proposing is better than what they've done in the past 3 years. I'm not saying it is brilliant or ground-breaking or even that it will work, but at least they are taking off the rose-colored glasses.

To reiterate, the Rumsfeld approach sucked ass. A graceful exit out of civil war hell is probably the rational thing to do. But one last attempt to provide security and bolster the Iraqi government is not insane.

Am I wrong?

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger tom.elko said...

No, it's just that a response like this would have been more appropriate three years ago.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Ag said...

that and 21000 troops won't even stabilize Bagdad. It's an impotent gesture

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Chuck Olsen said...

Minnesota Monitor gets a variety of local reaction

Minnesota National Guard tour extended

 

Post a Comment

<< Home