5/27/2005

Roadmap rebirth

I thought Bush did ok at this press conference:

Bush Praises Palestinian; Tells Israel of Its Duties

It was an example where his plain spokeness served a purpose. While it remains to be seen whether his comittment to the Roadmap to Peace is worth a bucket of spit, I think he said the right things.

That being said, I'm tellin ya, Bush on the bright side is an ironic animal:

"You know, maybe somebody will run on a war platform, you know, 'Vote for me, I promise violence,' " Mr. Bush said. "I don't think they're going to get elected, because I think Palestinian moms want their children to grow up in peace.

Didn't anybody tell him? He ran on a war platform. He promised violence. And he won.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger tom.elko said...

"I'm a wartime president."

We all know that sometimes you have to repeat things so many times for the propaganda to sink in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home