10/31/2004

The Face of Democracy in Action


Lorika hasn't been blogging. And she hasn't been home. She's literally on the streets, on the front lines, getting out the vote for John Kerry on November 2. She's part of MoveOn.org's Leave No Voter Behind Victory Drive - squeezing every possible Kerry voter out of indecision and into the polls. What can I say? I'm so proud of her, and everyone else out there coming together and taking back this country.

Josh Marshall has an inspiring story from the trenches in Florida.
Rebuffing G.O.P., 2 Judges Bar Challengers at Polls in Ohio
A nice essay from Chris Strouth: kerrydoesntsuck.com
Zogby Does Text-Messaging: Young Mobile Voters Pick Kerry Over Bush

6 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Chris Dykstra said...

Way to go Lorika!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Luke Francl said...

w00t.

I was out with ACT on Saturday and Sunday making sure people know where to vote. They're doing saturation canvassing of Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Keep Minnesota blue!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Mark D. said...

Yay Lorika! And Luke! And all the dudes with Kerry-Edwards signs standing on my street corner! And even the tireless workers who keep calling me every 20 minutes! This is an exciting time, isn't it?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger ryan said...

I'm proud of everyone that's worked so hard. My wife Dawn has been plugging away with NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota, my step-brother (who I didn't even know was a lefty) has been working for ACT... Everyone here... the freeway bloggers (did anyone see the huge yellow sign on the westbound side of I-94 near the U this morning?) I'm optimistic, and proud of you all. I'm looking forward to keeping Minnesota blue and sending the current administration packing tomorrow!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Sharyn Morrow said...

I'm glad you've all been out there. Whenever the little man and I drive past folks with Kerry signs I honk and he waves. But I hadn't thought of the hot chocolate angle. Doh!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.nextstudent.com/consolidation_loans/consolidation_loans.asp
Student loans, and student loan consolidation - Lock in the lowest rate with NextStudent. We also offer a scholarship search engine, private student loans and federal student loan applications.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home