9/23/2004

Poster Offensive 2

Opening Reception Friday, September 24, 2004 @ 7:00pm
(show runs this weekend only, the 24th-26th)
Refreshments & Tank Goodness Cookies
DJs: Justin Martinez and Ben Pagel
Location: Frank Stone Gallery
1224 Second Street N.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55413

Utilizing the politically potent medium of the poster, the second Poster Offensive is an opportunity for artists to take action and use their voice and talents to make a statement during a very critical time in not only American history, but also world history. This event is an independent, nonpartisan show, featuring contemporary interpretations of political dissent. Participants were enlisted from the creative autonomy of Minnesota's ever vibrant design landscape.

An archive of the first Poster Offensive show is available here (sample below).

shut and vote poster by bill moran

6 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger ryan said...

This poster from the last round is one of my favorites, but then again Mike and Dan are friends... I like that you can have it personalized...

---------------------------------------------
"Sacred cow my ass!"
"I figure since I can't use it at camp x-ray anymore"
"Hey, let's snort coke off this donkey's balls."
"This is more fun than killing retards!"
"That's what you get you gay, liberal, jew bastard!"
"And then you just simply put the voter in what I call the "freedom machine.'"
"Abusing steers get me SOOOOO horny. Get it? Horny? Guys? Huh? ... SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
"Then, after world dominion is achieved, you shall attack mars."
"Alright sug' it's time for some unity. And then we'll do some healing. I'm the president!"
"Fuckin' rad!"

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger tom.elko said...

Spunk has the best designers around, and they throw one hell of a party, anyone who has ever been to one of the Fall Down tours of Nordeast can attest to that. Be sure to check out their new website. I had one of their aces design my record label's website and couldn't have been more pleased.

The Poster Offensive just further proves the effectiveness of politically conscious designers. Wish I was in Mpls this year.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Chuck Olsen said...

Brilliant!
Since I have this week off I might have to leave the house and walk a block to this. Then... Red Dragon?

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Bill Tuomala said...

I'm an associate of the Spunk crew and have seen a few of the posters for this weekend's show. They're gorgeous! Should be a great time at the opening.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Chuck Olsen said...

We went, it was a beautiful happening, we came home with posters. I didn't know my neighborhood could be so frigging hip.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Bill Tuomala said...

Yeah. Wow. I was very impressed with the posters. I'm gonna request that they make this an annual or semi-annual event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home