11/08/2006

Victory!



A loud message for Bush, indeed. We've been driving in the wrong direction for some time, and have finally stopped the car and kicked out a few clowns. That's a good first step.

Last night I was at GOP election headquarters with a few fine fellows from City Pages. The atmosphere was a little somber, of course, but also exciting. I chatted a bit with Michael Brodkorb and Brian from Fraters Libertas, both making the best of the night. John Hinderaker and I ignored each other I guess, though I was standing right in front of him.

I interviewed an older woman calling herself a registered Democrat. Crime and terrorism were by far her most important issues. In other words: Fear.

My hats off to everyone who participated in the political process.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as The "Change of course" Mantra, It was a great election strategy and the people spoke loud and clear. now we will see what that course is. Nancy Pelosi has admitted that If you don't vote along party lines you will never get a appointed chair or seat with any commitees as long as I'm the leader. Hmm, sounds like the same ol same ol. But anyways, I would like to point out one thing I found interesting. Did anyone notice that the states East and west of us let the people vote on matters such as Abortion, Death penalty, Same sex marriage? do you think the Dems in this state will ever let "we the people" vote on such matters?

Scott K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home