3/25/2005

TCF buys a stadium

Looks like my favorite bank bought themselves a stadium for $35 million (a pretty good deal since the whole thing will cost over $230 million). The on-campus Gophers stadium is to be named TCF Bank Stadium. It will be the only stadium in the Big Ten named after a corporation, and the first sports facility at the U named for a corporate sponsor.

As a price for the $35 mil, TCF also gets to extend their exclusive banking arrangment with University of Minnesota students. Yippie.

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger tom.elko said...

I was told if I wanted to go to grad school at the U, I would have to give up my left nut to TCF's legal department. On the plus side, I'd get a nice set of Pyrex serving bowls in return.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm paying $175 MM!

It should be called Taxpayer stadium.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Luke Francl said...

I always say that.

I think "Taxpayer Stadium" has a nice ring to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home