10/13/2004

Senator Dayton, Don't Leave Us Hanging...

Based on a top-secret intelligence report, Senator Mark Dayton, is closing his office in DC until after the election. The information comes from Majority Leader Bill Frist. Dayton says that he has asked Frisk to assemble senators for a meeting on this warning three times but Frist has not agreed to do so. Hence, Dayton is closing his office.

"I do so out of extreme, but necessary, precaution to protect the lives and safety of my Senate staff and my Minnesota constituents, who might otherwise visit my office in the next few weeks. I feel compelled to do so, because I will not be here in Washington to share in what I consider to be an unacceptably greater risk to their safety."



So what is going on? Could this be related?

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger ryan said...

Vacation? Doubt it. Congress is no longer in session. Had Dayton not skipped town, he probably would have been dividing his time between Minnesota and DC. He cited concern for his staff and constituents as the issue.

So what is it Senator Dayton? Don't leave us hanging.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Chris Dykstra said...

I think Dayton is a little whacked. His support of the flag burning amendment was stupid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home